Sunday 26 July 2009

Sunday Scribblings, "Where in the World?"

G'Day,
The Sunday Scribblings prompt this weekend is" Where in the world."


Where in the world are you,
I've looked for you for ever,
If I find you,
I'll never let you out of my sight again,
Out of my reach,
Out of touch or hearing,
Are you hiding or undiscovered,
Are you searching for me or for someone else,
Elusive to me in understanding,
Me.
************
Where I live,
Southern hemisphere,
Land, Australia,
State Australian Capital Territory,
South Canberra, Tuggeranong,
Macarthur.
Not sharing the address, that is close enough.
************
Where I want to live.
Here is o.k. for now, for lots of reasons.
But searching for a permanent home base with a bit of dirt I can call my own.
A place to stay. Enough space.
Whether it has 4 distinct seasons or just two.
Within reach of but not on the coast.
A place with people I know well and have links with, be that present or past or future.
A Place to practice my beliefs in peace.
************
I read a book called" the shady tree", I think.
The shady tree was described by the author as being like,
A place to settle, rest your bones and live out the rest of your life relaxing in peace, when you are finished working.
I liked that idea.
I am looking for my shady tree.
But I am not ready for it yet.
Some days I look forwards to it more than others.
I am guessing it will be in the lower half of this country,
along the eastern side somewhere.
My country is strong and peaceful, a great place to be.
I feel safe here, well as safe as I could be anywhere in the world and better than many other places I suspect in that regard.
Sure we have our faults, everything everywhere does, doesn't it.
But I am in a good place.
************
Good luck finding your own shady tree if you haven't found it already.
Love Linda.

15 comments:

George S Batty said...

"a shady tree".....I like that
"a bit of dirt I can call my own"
nice words that bring thoughts of poetry and your poem is beautiful
"elusive to me in understanding,
me" .....very well written

Serena Shay said...

Lovely post, Linda. I hope you find your shade tree soon...

anthonynorth said...

I moved around for over 30 years before finally settling down where I started.
Strange thing, life.

Anonymous said...

I am just a bit past the half-century mark, Linda, and I love your concept of finding your shady tree. As we reach this point on the journey, we think more and more about what enhances our lives and what we'd like to leave behind. I loved your response to this prompt - written very nicely!

Irene said...

Like the idea of finding your shady tree.

Tumblewords: said...

How nice! I love that you've found your 'for now' space and can enjoy while you search for a little dirt to call your own...

Shadow said...

aaaah, what a relaxing, peaceful post. how important for one's own serenity, to be in the place where one is happy...

Granny Smith said...

Lovely imagery. It may be summer here, but with persistent fog I don't need a shady tree but rather a bit of warm sunshine on my shoulders.

George S Batty said...

Linda I may have to concede about my pet because I smuggled him out of Australia the last time I was there. I couldn't ask anyone what the hell it was or they would have taken it away. "Dosparrow", you say?
OK, now I have to come up with a new name and I'm not having any Ideas.
I think I'll have a contest to name the "Dosparrow". I could offer a blog award called the "dogakeet award"

Miss Alister said...

I like that shady tree idea, too. I feel about my country as you do about yours. It’s a good place to be. Still, I’ve never felt 100% settled anywhere I've ever lived here. So I sure am looking forward to experiencing the place—could be anywhere in the world—that makes me feel like I’m truly home.
missalister

Bimbimbie said...

I bet it will have a river red gum too ;)

Merle said...

Dear Linda ~~ Great poem and thoughts for "Where in the world?"
Thanks for sharing with us.
Glad an e mail I sent on cheered you, my friend. No 6th sense, but I simply love the Thomas Kinkade
paintings you sent me, with water
running. I love it, and if an e mail is nive, I send them on. I do
hope you are feeling good dear friend, Love, Merle.

A wildlife gardener said...

I hope you find your little corner of paradise, Linda....beautiful poem, by the way :)

Come and visit me in mine...

http://ourlittlecornerofparadise.blogspot.com/2009/07/softly-awakes-my-heart.html

Joelle said...

i hope everyone finds their shady tree.
Still busy looking for mine. :)

Megha said...

Hope you find your shady tree and I mine :)