Sunday 21 March 2010

Friday Fertilizer.

G'Day
Friday Fertilizer peoples. I hope this fine perfect autumn day finds you all well. Autumn is the gentle season isn't it. Beautiful weather, not hot, not cold, just right.
This prompt is hosted by Tootsie Time. Her link is on my side bar, go have a look what other contributors have to share.
Lookie....... I have roses out in my front yard. A bit stunted because they were neglected during the summer heat but they are now enjoying the more gentle autumn sunshine. Pruned by my Mum when she was here in November after their first flowering, fed by me a couple of times but most importantly of all watered by nature. The best kind of watering they could wish to receive.



And last but not least a lovely new flush of blooms on the small gardenia plant out the front near the garage.
There are some other flowers around the yard at the moment, courtesy of natures beautiful rain. The zephranthes have had a second flowering and the oleanders still have some flowers on them though they are in decline. There are a few other roses around, and of course my ivy geraniums have still not been without a flower on them since spring time. Some of the succulents have a few new flower stalks too, the alysum is still blooming happily and there are some scrawny flowers on the verbena and the fever few. Bulbs are starting to emerge in early anticipation of the spring to come. That is a bit strange isn't it? The rain we have had has thrown the seasons out of whack a bit I guess.
Bye for now.
Love Linda.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Gardenia always seems to be exotic to me! Like a bit of southern living in Australia. Why I do declare!

Anonymous said...

The Gardenia always seems to be exotic to me! Like a bit of southern living in Australia. Why I do declare!

Flowers said...

A stunning photo of beautiful flowers. Thanks so much for posting these incredible delights of nature.

Tootsie said...

oh wow...what a gorgeous offering you have this week! That is definitely a garden worth flaunting! wow....
thanks for joining in friend!

Short Poems said...

Really beautiful photos, thanks so much for sharing them with us :)

Marinela

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

I'm so happy to see your roses. Ours are fully leafed out, but it'll be a couple of months before they bloom. I wish we could grow Gardenia here, I just love the scent.