Sunday 20 December 2009

Sunday Scribblings "Dare"



G'Day,
For some reason unbeknown to me this computer is working again so here I am.

It is Christmas time, I dare you to have a slice of that Pavlova
or an extra serving of that delicious looking creamy pasta salad,
here have some more ham, turkey another barbecued marinated steak.
How would you like some more or that wine or another beer.
C'mon I dare you, it is Christmas time, the one day of the year that
breaking the promise and beating your addiction won't hurt you.
Aunt Joan makes the best Christmas pudding you ever tasted.
Look at all those chocolates and candy canes, what else are they there for?
Smash that diet... I dare you!
Burp!
Fix it next month!

************************************

The picture of the little vases at the top of this post are the ones I made for Christmas presents this year. I can't reposition it so it still at the top. There is one vase missing because I already wrapped it. I also made a large serving bowl for a present from terracotta with a white glaze and a footprint type pattern in bright colors, it is wrapped up too. Silly me, before I took a pic of it. It is in the blue wrapping paper in the other picture though. Hahahaha.

Merry Christmas

Love Linda.



11 comments:

Old Egg said...

What do you mean the one day in the year? I have started already and there are still five days to go!

Shadow said...

no need to dare me, heee heee heeee

Jae Rose said...

Another slice for me please! Have a good holiday! Jae

Linda Jacobs said...

I've already decided to diet in January and I haven't even started overeating yet!

Cute poem!

Ariel said...

That's a cute little one on Dare.
Your vases are really beautiful

George S Batty said...

unfortuneately Old Grizz started at Thanksgiving and hasn't stopped. Maybe you should dare me to go on a diet.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and your great family.

keiths ramblings said...

I dare! What a delightful piece - and I love your pots!

Sorrow said...

beautiful~
as are you!

Tanya Gwen Minnick said...

hehe, I love this post! permission to induldge! thank you. Your pots are beautiful.
merry christmas to you too
peace

Dee Martin said...

Your pottery is just beautiful and I would give anything to try a slice of pavlova. closest I've ever gotten was watching the Take Home Chef make it on tv :)

Bimbimbie said...

Merry Christmas Linda*!*