Saturday 18 October 2008

Sunday Scribblings, Style.

G'Day,
Sunday Scribblings prompt for this weekend is "My Style".
Goodness me couldn't this become a big fat jumble of all the things that make us, us and each an individual.
Well that is my interpretation anyway. A question.
My writing style is up front from my memory and not my imagination. I like to think I write the way I would speak to you if I was talking to your face and telling you a story. It is full of my ideas not necessarily my absolute beliefs.
My clothes style is function over fashion. Always. I try to choose clothing that is suitable for everyday wear as I don't need "going out" clothes often.
Shoes the same, function over fashion, and I don't care if they cost heaps as long as they don't hurt.
Personality. I guess some one else's judgment of this might be more correct than my take on it but, I like to think of myself as gentle, a nature lover, creative but not artistic and a stoic A bit impatient depending on the circumstance. Half and half a believer in things unseen or curious about them anyway. Sometimes secretive about myself and my feelings and needs.And protective of my likes. I want them all to myself, like my pottery.
Colors, I hate murky mixed up colours and love bright ones and also transparent and translucent pastels. Especially reds , purples and the blue greens that you see looking at the ocean from above.They take my breath away and bring tears to my eyes.Mushy mushy. :)
If you read my blog you already know I love plants and animals and taking pictures of them.
Um, this is going nowhere. I will post it anyway just because it is sharing a bit about me.Anyway who said I have to have a point to make when I write, is that part of the rules? I can just write.Yeah.

12 comments:

anthonynorth said...

Clothes style is simple for me. In my teenage years I followed some fashions, but my time in a local rock band set the scene. Then, when I was a little older, I chopped off the hair and put on a suit. Been the same ever since.
Although the suit is changed occasionally :-)

Crafty Green Poet said...

'a big fat jumble' - you're right there! I enjoyed scrolling down and browsing through your lovely flower photos!

Martha said...

I like your "style" every time I visit. Keep on being yourself. Being comfortable with yourself is the best style.

Shadow said...

yes, and all those little bits make up the whole you. thanks for the peek!

Mountain Mama said...

I see that we are a lot alike. When I was a teen fashion was important because I wanted to be like everyone else. As I got older and wiser I realized that just being myself was far better than trying to be a poor imitation of someone I admired. After all, isn't it what is inside that really counts. I've known people who looked, talked and acted real fancy but once I got to know them I didn't like what they were made of. Mom said we need to pray for them and she was right.

Andy Sewina said...

Yeah, you can just write, that's your style!

Devil Mood said...

Maybe this is just your style, not everyone needs to be to-the-point ;)

Miss Robyn said...

Hey LindaMay.. catching up after a little break. I like the way you write.. I do the same.. I write like I talk :)
I also don't have alot of going out clothes, I can remember when I was little, we would get dressed in our good clothes to go to town, then back in our play clothes when we got home.. there must have been so much washing!
Can you email me when you have time.. I wan't to talk to you about my decision not to go to Cornwall..

Keith's Ramblings said...

I love the casual style you use here. Its like having a chat except you are doing all the talking!

http://keithsramblings.blogspot.com/2008/10/roseys-style.html

Tammie Lee said...

"Anyway who said I have to have a point to make when I write, is that part of the rules? I can just write.Yeah."

Perhaps this is part of your style!
lovely to meet you.

paisley said...

no point necessary,, and i do enjoy the conversational tone of your writing... i always finish up reading my piece allowed a few times,, and working out the bits that don't roll smoothly off the tongue...

good piece... nice to meet you....

rebecca said...

in terms of clothes, i like comfort AND style, though i am not a horseclothes, nowhere near that. i hate shopping but own pieces that i love. shoes, that's a whole different bag of worms...have to be comfortable, yes, but they also need to be cute, sexy, etc., especially evening shoes, they sure as hell better be sexy! LOL!

good post....