Saturday 29 May 2010

2 days to winter.

G'day All, anyone, who is out there?
There are just 2 days left until winter officially starts. So no, no flower pictures to share today.
It is cool and grey and the sky is dripping its life giving load to soak my beautiful brown clay based soil here in Canberra. It has been raining on and off since last night.
I have had a cold and am now trying to wear down and tolerate the ear aches and yucky cough and sinus pain that such things leave behind for me. It is most unusual for me to be off color as I very rarely get sick. I attribute this to my many years working in jobs which put me in contact with such things. My immune system I am proud to say is quite strong, but sometimes, just sometimes, some nasty virus breaks through my defenses and lays me low, temporarily. The things that I normally complain about are muscular aches and pains, something that I live with and accept. I probably only get a cold or flu bug twice a year and the tummy bugs that seem to plague others around me usually pass me by. You could joke that I have a cast iron gullet.
So, today I have been lazy, sitting back in front of the computer doing as little as possible and resting. You might say lazy. I probably would consider that right, haha.
I changed the sheets, washed my jumpers fixed up the kitty litter tray and have tried to make my Petey a nice hot dinner to come home to. ....With a garlic fiesta. Hahaha. Nobody will go near him at work tomorrow. Roast lamb cooked slowly in red wine and lots of garlic. Garlic potato bake and a baked rice custard for dessert. Nobody, willl eb able to go near him tomorrow, hahahaa.
Bye.
Tea time.
See you tomorrow for Sunday Scribblings.

4 comments:

Annie Jeffries said...

Oh you naughty girl, garlicing up your man like that. LOL

We are twinning on the sick thing. Like you, I rarely get sick but, oh by, when I do I really get sick. Sounds like you got a decent recovery though. Happy almost winter.

Annie Jeffries said...

Oh you naughty girl, garlicing up your man like that. LOL

We are twinning on the sick thing. Like you, I rarely get sick but, oh by, when I do I really get sick. Sounds like you got a decent recovery though. Happy almost winter.

Mountain Mama said...

Winter soon for you and Summer soon for me. We have had some heavy rainfall that has knocked down some of my flowers but my veggie garden is getting a good soak. I'm glad it's all sprouted and growing otherwise the seed might rot.

I think it's funny you making a garlic laden feast for your hubby. Actually you will be rather fragrant too. Garlic is a great health benefit.

Maybe with the garlic you will be able to fight off the cold thing.

Gel said...

Hope you're feeling better very soon. Glad you rested today. That roasted lamb and garlic potato sounds yummy!IF I was that sick, I doubt I'd be cooking. You're to be admired.