Monday 31 May 2010

Sunday Scribblings "Mantra"

G'Day,
The Sunday Scribblings prompt for this week is Mantra.
I don't think I really have a mantra. Sometimes if I am upset or stressed I count, in an attempt to empty my mind, is that a mantra? I count anything, fingers, guide posts, telegraph poles,corners, planes in the room, drawers, doors, tiles, what ever.
I haven't read all of the entries so I don't know if I am repeating what someone else has done here.
When things in the media and news are just too wrong and the world is heading down the wrong road I think of this.

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to live or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day
You'll join us
And the world will be as one


Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day
You'll join us
And the world will live as one.

John Lennon

******************************************

Is that not the best lyric and song ever?
Such wonderful soul and meaning. But at this day and age I feel that at times the world is going back wards and not moving towards this nirvana that John Lennon imagined and tried to teach. Such a man was ahead of his time surely. Will the world and all its fighting over greed for money and religion ever see it.
Words so beautifully arranged that they say so much.
My theme song , is that a mantra.
Short and sweet.
Bye.
Love Linda.













9 comments:

Gel said...

Oh Linda,
I came so close to posting that song on my blog for this prompt. I'm glad you did!"Imagine" is one of my favorite songs. Have a super week.

anthonynorth said...

Yes, they are first class lyrics.

Everydaythings said...

love it too... wasnt he just such a talent?

Divaa Divine said...

love John Lennon s lyrics - classic they are :D and thank you for this Mantra hope you have great week ahed!

My melodious mantra

keiths ramblings said...

What a deligtful post. RIP John Lennon you clever man!

Jae Rose said...

Perfectly put..Jae (and counting works too!) Thanks for your visit..

Archna Sharma said...

Wonderful. I love this take on the prompt. His words are definitely for chant.

Lucy said...

to me? this is one of the all time best songs ever ever written. i can hear it over and over and over.. kind of like a mantra.
great job here.

Beth Camp said...

I'm ashamed to say I didn't recognize Lennon's work until half way through, but loved reading this as simply a poem, as you point out, one badly needed especially today. Thank you for posting this beautiful imagining, a perfect mantra of what can be.