Monday 24 May 2010

Sunday Scribblings "Dragons"

G'Day,
The Sunday Scribblings prompt for this week is "Dragons".
Yes I believe in Dragons! They are real they do exist and I have seen them.
We have real live dragons here in Australia. Maybe they are the evolved cousins of the mythical dragons of medieval times. Here in Canberra there are is a colony of water dragons living in the botanical gardens.
Long long ago dragons, their ancestors, ruled the world. They flew the skies and ran the land. Even our australian plant life has evolved to regenerate itself after the fires those dragons made in their anger. Then there was the war and the olden day dragons were subdued. The clever men worked their magic and turned them all into the dragons we have here today. They were shrunk down to a managable size and made to always live near water where their firey breath would be sated. They sit on the rocks above the waterfall in the botanic gardens here in Canberra, heads raised watching for the clever men to return and scuttling away through the undergrowth when humans come within sight and hide there in safety. On cooler days they sun themselves on the rocks, but they never stray too far away from the water that soothes their parched throats and cools their sunburned skins. If you can get close enough you can see their skins are marked with red and orange patches, to remind them of their violent past. The clever men painted them to remind them of it.
*********************

Hahaha my imagination is running riot with this prompt. Love it.
No that was not an aboriginal legend.

There are other dragons that exist in our world today. They are usually thought of as the female kind. I guess there are lots of males around too, but they are more sneaky in their practices.
The female dragons of today are found in the workplace. Trying to assert their dominance over the other workers. I have found through my observations and experience with these types of dragons that if you bite them back, stand up to their games and tell them so they actually start to respect you for doing so. If you are a bit of a wimp like me you need to stew over it and plan the event and think it all out well, you have to know just how that dragon will react and allow for that. Don't back down, stay in charge, hold your head up and walk away calmly after the event.
Ah the games dragon people try to play with you. They feel they must, at all costs, dominate.
Did you know these workplace dragons are the actual decedents of mutant cross breeds dating back to medieval times. Their personalities are directly derived from the genes they still carry from long ago.
Hahahaha. Love this prompt, I am having fun here.
I can't wait to see Granny Smith's response.
Bye.
Love Linda.
Watch out for those workplace dragons!

8 comments:

Tammy Brierly said...

LOL You are having fun. A delightful post and yes I have known a few. ;)

Granny is too busy kicking my butt on FB Scrabble. lol

Denise Moncrief said...

Gosh, I love it when your imagination runs wild!

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

I like the idea of water dragons - so sensible that they should live on rocks near water.

Michelle said...

I've worked with a few of those workplace ones! I'd prefer the flying ones to them anyday!

Old Egg said...

We could all see you loved this prompt!

I really wanted you to go on about all the beautiful dragons we do have in Australia. I know some of them are tiny but there are some quite big ones lurking around as well such as the lace monitors.

Now those other dragons you wrote about, they are really scary.

Jae Rose said...

Hi Linda - a late visit to SS for me this week..I love your imagination running free on this one..I can picture how the dragons of yester-year have shrunk down into more modern pocket-sized versions..we have no such thing here in the UK (unless you visit a lizard shop!)..Made me smile thanks..Jae

Bimbimbie said...

Hahaha next time I see a four legged lizard I'll think about your tale ... any two legged ones I'll stare down and tell her you told me to ;)

Bimbimbie said...

... Dragons ;)!!!