Saturday 22 November 2008

Sunday Scribblings, Grateful.

G'Day,
As you see above the prompt for this weekend is Grateful.
Love it!
The easiest one I have seen for some time. As soon as I saw it I knew just what I wanted to say.
Here Ti's!
Grateful.
I am grateful for living in such a
Wonderful
Beautiful
Amazing
World.
We do don't we? Live in a world like that, I mean.
Do you know the song "Let there be Love"?
The version I know is sung by Natalie Cole. Nat King Cole's baby girl. Look it up and listen to the words. Lovely.
I am sure you would feel like me too if you had just had the lovely day I have had.
Yesterday was my birthday and my daughter and second son came to visit me but they had to go back to Wagga this morning. I was sad to see them go.
I thought Lindy you can turn this around. You don't have to go home today. Take yourself out for the rest of the day.
I did.
I filled up the car with petrol with just about the last of my money from this weeks pay and Mum, Peter and I went for a drive.We went along the Monaro Highway as far as Cooma and it was yucky weather so we decided that we may as well stay in the car so I kept driving. I turned left towards the coast and through the highlands and down to Bega. We visited the cheese factory there and spent the best part of an hour enjoying a fruit and cheese platter before taking the road north along the coast to Batemans bay and up the Clyde mountain and back to Canberra. It took us about 7 hrs and was just lovely. There were no kids to tell me they didn't like my music so I got to listen and sing along to my old favorites. My little car went like a dream and only used just over half a tank of petrol for the 540 something km that were registered on the trip meter. That was good considering it was going up and down mountains. I love getting up in those types of areas driving along in my car, the scenery is beautiful up there. Especially when you come down the escarpment into the bright green covered foothills of the south coast thta is an area well known as dairy country. Around Cooma and Nimitibel there was a bit of snow on the ground and it was snowing quite well for a while, but not enough to worry about driving and dangerous road conditions. Which is quite a novelty for this time of year when it is starting to get warm everywhere.There was a car full of people in front of us for a while up there who were sight seeing, and had a Northern Territory number plate so I bet it was a novelty for them too.
We also stopped at my pretty little beach just below Bateman's bay so I could put my feet on the sand. Tomakin. It was a bit cold and windy there but I stood and watched a big slate gray storm in action out over the sea. I love the way the colors of the ocean change with the weather. Today it was a blue/gray/ green/aqua in the shallows graduating into a slatey /blue /gray further out into the deeper waters.The sand was firm from the rain and I walked a little way along it without having to take my shoes off. Not too far though as Mum was getting cold and took off back to the shelter of the car.
When I have been away from the sea for a while I actually crave the smells and colours and sound that the ocean makes and get sentimental about it. Not because I want to immerse myself in it, I am not an adventurous swimmer and who wants to see a body like this in such places but just because....
So today I am grateful for the world we all live in and I am full of love for my husband Pete after listening to and singing along in the car with him to our favourite old love songs. I have love and I love the world. Be happy.
And... I forgot my camera!

20 comments:

Martha said...

I love the way you describe your adventures and can go along with you in my mind by remembering similar places I have been. Thanks for the memories.

Thanks for your support on Myste, too. She is doing so much better we are mainly walking her outdoors for business purposes with a belly sling now.

Shadow said...

the day you had is one i'd consider perfect. it is a perfect world, you're right.

and you've whet my appetite for fruit and cheese.... mmm, should solve the saturday night dinner dilemma, thanks!

Merle said...

G'day Linda ~~ I am so glad that you had a good birthday, but how could you forget your camera??
I agree,we live in a wonderful world and are so fortunate to have safe warm homes and food etc when so many are not so lucky.
Thank you so much for the e mail of God's Smile. I really love that picture and have it framed.
Take care, my friend, Love, Merle.

anthonynorth said...

A marvellous feelgood post, and Happy Birthday. I used to love swimming, but here in England the North Sea is very cold.

Linda Jacobs said...

I know what you mean about the ocean. It's like a drug and occasionally I must have a fix, too!

This is a great post!

Granny Smith said...

What a delightful day! Thanks for sharing it and reminding of the year we lived in Melbourne and took many trips along the coast. It is indeed lovely country. My husband and I also sing together as we drive - often our old love songs.

Sorrow said...

don't cha just love it! all that fun and love..and adventure
and you forgot your camera!love it!

Tumblewords: said...

A lovely adventure! Lovely...

"Sunshine" said...

I'm sorry you forgot your camera, but at least you made a memory that you can cherish in your mind. And, with your expertise at description, you've given us all a great mental image to see. Sounds like fun!

latree said...

you were right, this was the easiest prompt I ever did in SS...

Rambler said...

grateful for this wonderful world we live in, you know with all the pollution around I doubt if people are really aware of how grateful we ought to be

Alisa Callos said...

Bummer about the camera, but, what a wonderful day of memories! I, too, get sentimental about the ocean, and I miss it dreadfully if I don’t get back every now and then. It is the same with my mom so I think it’s genetic. Enjoyed this story very much!

Keith's Ramblings said...

What a lovely day, and you descibed so graphically. Lovely.

Devil Mood said...

Having a heart filled with love is enough to feel endless gratitude. As the song says, if you let there be love...well, anything can happen really :)

Glad you had such a nice time!

Tammy Brierly said...

What a great day, happy birthday!

Everydaythings said...

oh what a wonderful post Linda - full of love for Pete.... that is so nice to hear in a sometimes jaded world! I love to go in the car in dh on a long trip and we put our fave music music on the cd and sing along to it too... what are your fave records/singers?oops cd's?

S R Wood said...

This is beautiful: the scene of the ocean is like a painting.

Yolanda said...

I really enjoyed this post. Thanks for sharing it.

*~sis~* said...

what a lovely FUN day, even in the rain and the cold. it just sounds so GOOD! i also love the beach and seaside, it's peaceful and brings me back to a happy place! :)

Bimbimbie said...

Belated Birthday wishes Linda - sounds like you had a wonderful car trip - snow and sea in the one drive
... you described a lovely snap shot of your day. Smiles*!*