Monday, 12 October 2009

Mushrooms

G'Day,
Ohhhhhh! Look at what we found in the park just a while ago when we went for a walk. Aren't they beautiful. There were lots more too but we couldn't carry them all and we didn't need to take more than this anyway.
We walked into Woden and sat down at Babar's cafe and had breakfast. These will get used for tea tonight. I will have to go and buy some steaks to have with them.
The mushies I found the other day I ate for lunch. I fried them up in a lightly greased pan with a small chopped onion and some black cracked pepper then had them with toast.
Beautiful.
This puter is really annoying at the moment. It is taking 5 minutes to load each page. Pete is going to ring Telstra up and complain. The puter as been like this since last week. This is not what we pay for. Not good enough.
SO. A big raspberry to you Telstra!!!!

10 comments:

Urban Green said...

That's a find!
Hope you had a good time.

Bimbimbie said...

The size of those ... ha! don't suppose all that bull.... from parliament house is getting dumped in that park do you*?*

Shadow said...

mmmmm, mushrooms. thank you. you've rescued me from my desperate thoughts about what to make for dinner...

gs batty said...

puter might be infected with spy ware or some such BS. maybe that is where the mushies got their food.
never knew how to tell the difference from good and poison mushes. they look delicious and I am little jealous.
enjoy enjoy enjoy. I will drool from afar.

Annie said...

I cannot get OVER how large those mushrooms are and clearly, you know your muchrooms and what is safe and what isn't. Sauteed with butter and onions - that is just the BEST.

Cheffie-Mom said...

WOW!! YUMMY!! enJOY your tea!!

Tatyana@MySecretGarden said...

Hi Linda! Perfect mushrooms! I used to pick up mushrooms and cook them in my previous, russian, life. In the U.S., most of the people, including my husband, consider it to be dangerous. I miss them! You enjoy your dinner!
Thank you for the comment on my blog!

Mountain Mama said...

Those are HUGE!! What kind are they? I only get morel's although there are many kinds of edible ones that grow here. However I am afraid of eating poison ones.

linda may said...

Thanks for all the comments guys.
I don't know what sort the mushies are.
I have been picking mushies ever since I was a small child and we have never got sick yet. I look at the color of the gills underneath. They should be from a pale pinky color through to brown and black whne they get older. Then the skin on the top should be white or brown. I always test the tops of the white ones by rubbing my finger across them and if the skin turns yellowy I throw then away.I always smell them as well because they should have the right mushroomy smell.
Do not use any that are yellow or white under the gills and don't touch any that have spots on them. There are lots of different sorts but I don't touch them unless I know what they are.

spottedwolf said...

Fabulous pictures Lin....love the big shrooms...